Vote! Vote! Vote!

Ella Barrett, Managing Editor

Today, November 3, 2020, is Election Day. 

This is the 59th presidential election in the history of our country and it is a race between Joe Biden and Donald Trump. It also happens to be the 100 year anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment ((white) women gain the right to vote). However, none of these things are the most interesting aspect of the election. That honor belongs to the voter turnout statistics.

This year early voting in Texas started on October 13 and ran until October 30. According to the National Geographic article, ‘With Their Future at a Crossroads, Young Americans are Shattering Voting Records,’ Texas has “shattered” the 2016 voting record with 9,669,246 votes cast by the end of early voting on Friday.

The article goes on to say that the “pace of voting across the country is on track to reach participation levels not seen since 1908.” A study conducted by Tufts University says that voters aged 18 to 29 are turning up at the polls in record numbers and that seven million young voters have already cast their votes in the 2020 election.

Although Texas does not allow election day registration (the registration deadline was October 5), if you are registered and have not voted yet–you need to. You can vote in-person at Paschal; the polls are open from 7am to 7pm.

This election will have major repercussions no matter who wins. The only way to be on the right side of history is to cast your vote. Every vote counts. Make sure to make your voice heard by being one of the many eligible student voters at Paschal! hairy woman займ срочно онлайн на кивизайм казаньзайм денег в краснодаре займ без процентазайм экспресс сайтзайм на бизнес