The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Where to Shop for Prom ’24

Are you searching for the perfect prom dress? You’ve come to the right place. We have rounded up the best online retailers where you can find countless options from this season’s top picks.
Paschal Senior Prom promotional graphic provided by Paschal Student Council

Looking for the best places to shop for prom dresses? Here are the best online dress stores to choose from!

Prom is not only the night you celebrate surviving the entire school year, it’s also a reminder to look back on all the things you’ve accomplished and take a much-needed break before you embark on the next chapter. Everyone wants to bring their A-game to prom night and step out in style, but if you’re wondering what the best prom dress websites to shop are, I’ve got you covered.

When you’re shopping for prom dresses online, you’ll want a website with plenty of options that offer affordable, on-trend pieces that’ll help you stand out. For the 2024 season, I’ve seen a lot of dresses that go big on tulle, flash bright with sequins and metallics, and go between grunge-y gothic and florals.

I’ve rounded up the best online retailers where you can find countless unique prom dresses. My top picks were chosen based on offering a range of budgets (such as Amazon), inclusive sizing (like ASOS and Lulus), as well as generally trustworthy, highly-rated non-prom-specific dress choices (Nordstrom and Free People).

House of CB

If you’re looking for the hottest trends and the most unique styles for your prom look, House of CB has to be your pick. You’re sure to stand out with non-traditional pieces like the lacy style.

Anabella Lace-Up Satin Gown

ASOS

Not only are there plenty of options, ASOSs site is quite size-inclusive, and displays dresses on different bodies so you can get the full sense of what would look best on you (not to mention free returns for up to 14 days after you receive your order). No more having to dig through a rack to find a flattering design!

ASOS DESIGN embellished cami midaxi dress with jeweled detail in gray

Free People

Free People has all the whimsical, boho-chic collections of dresses that will easily transition into becoming a part of your wardrobe long after prom night. Think flowy florals, lots of lace, and tons of maxis — we’re a sucker for the flirty, femme vibes of For Love & Lemons designs in particular. Their variety leans towards straight sizes, but their material quality and unique silhouettes make them a good pick in our book.

Irene Gown

Nordstrom

You can always count on Nordstrom for basic and trendy staples, but you can also count on them for gorgeous prom and special occasion dresses. Whether you’re searching for a 

floor-length dress or a chic jumpsuit, you’ll certainly find it at Nordstrom. Also: you get free shipping and free returns, so you can order whatever you have your eye on without hesitation and unexpected fees.

La Femme- Plunge Neck-A Line Gown in Mauve

Lulu’s

Find your dream prom look on a budget with Lulu’s dress options that never sacrifice style for savings. You can shop everything from sleek satin to sparkling prom dresses, and even as well as jumpsuits for under $100. 

Admirable Elegance Lavender Pleated Bustier Maxi Dress

Revolve 

If you’re looking at your favorite influencers for some prom-style inspo, Revolve is the place to shop. The site has influencer-approved styles like gowns with slits and floral prints that would look stunning on the dance floor on prom night.

Love Shack Fancy-Phintil Dress in Garden Sunset

Anthropologie 

Anthropologie carries a beautiful selection of whimsical bridesmaid dresses and bold, colorful frocks. However, you’ll also find tons of formal options, including satin and cut-out dresses, that are perfect for prom or any formal occasion.

BHLDN Ruby Twist Halter Satin Gown in Blue

Windsor

Do you describe your style as all things glam and glittery? If yes, then Windsor will most definitely have a fit for your aesthetic. And, even if you’re not a huge fan of vintage pieces, it also has plenty of unique and versatile options — aka. something that nobody else will have at prom.

Marissa Formal Satin Cowl Neck Dress in Green

Bloomingdales 

Yes, Bloomingdale’s is on the pricier side of prom dress shopping sites. However, the options can easily be worn for years to come, so you can justify the price if you look at the cost per wear. Just do the math and you’ll see!

Mac Duggal- Sequined Plunge Neck Sleeveless Column Gown in Coral

You only prom once! And if all else fails, there’s always places to shop in person, such as malls and thrift stores!