The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Paschal Basketball is Playoff Bound

After defeating the Weatherford Kangaroos last Tuesday, Paschal’s varsity boys basketball team secured a spot in the playoffs. Next Tuesday, the 20th, our boys will face the Eaton Eagles at Flower Mound Marcus High School.
Chris Debenport (11) cutting the net after Paschal beat Weatherford on the 13th (@ogphtgrphy_ /Instagram).

Paschal will face off against Eaton High School at Flower Mound Marcus High School on Tuesday, February 20th, at 7pm. Paschal defeated the Weatherford Kangaroos to clinch the 3rd place spot in the district, meaning Paschal will be in the 6A playoffs.

On senior night, Gus was packed for a massive game versus Weatherford for third place in the district. Paschal started the game well with a first-quarter lead of 9-7. The Kangaroos came storming back and took a 7-point lead into halftime. Paschal’s aggressive defense put them back in the game and evened the score at 25 after going on a 10-2 run. Weatherford had a 5-point lead, 30-25, going into the fourth quarter. 

Paschal quickly erased the five-point deficit and took the lead 31-30. Paschal closed the game with a 41-38 score. Paschal played a great clutch game in the fourth, led by Colton Patterson’s 15 points, Luke Tevis with 11 points, and Randy Clark with 8 points on senior night. Chris Debenport kept Paschal in the game with great defense and multiple steals down the stretch, including one of the last plays where Debenport forced a turnover.

Paschal will face Eaton, who finished second in their district behind Keller, in the opening round of the playoffs. Eaton finished their regular season with a record of 23-8 and going 8-4 in the district. Notably, Eaton swept Southake Carroll in their season series. Eaton has played Fossil Ridge and won big both times they have played them. Paschal played Fossil Ridge once this year and lost by 8.

Paschal finished the regular season with a record of 18-13 and a district record of 8-6. Paschal is going to back-to-back playoff appearances, and with the move to divisions next year, the team should be looking to have another strong sea