The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Join Paschal’s Sweetest Club: The Bake Club

Do you enjoy baking? Or sweet treats? If so, Paschal has the perfect club for you!
Collage+of+the+Baking+Club+treats+featuring+Santa+hat+brownies+from+the+December+12th+meeting+%28upper+left%29%2C+sugar+cookies+from+the+December+12th+meeting+%28lower+left%29%2C+dirt+cake+from+the+October+31st+meeting+%28lower+right%29%2C+and+a+group+photo+of+members+at+the+October+31st+meeting+%28upper+right%29.+
Collage of the Baking Club treats featuring Santa hat brownies from the December 12th meeting (upper left), sugar cookies from the December 12th meeting (lower left), dirt cake from the October 31st meeting (lower right), and a group photo of members at the October 31st meeting (upper right).

Paschal’s Bake Club is the perfect opportunity for you to show off your top-notch baking skills or satisfy your sweet tooth. This club is open to all. It doesn’t matter if you’re a cupcake master or a baking amateur who simply loves to whip up candied confections. Don’t be shy; all are welcome!

Meetings are held every other Tuesday during second lunch in Coach Beasley’s room. Every meeting will have a different theme. Attending students are expected to bring a homemade dessert that fits the theme. For example, if the meeting is holiday-themed, you could bring gingerbread cookies or something of the sort.

On the other hand, if you’re not much of a baker but enjoy snacking on sweet treats, you are still welcome to attend the meetings. You don’t necessarily have to bring a dessert to the meetings to attend, but it would be greatly appreciated! 

This club is run by a friendly pair of juniors, Annie Parsons and Allie Michalove. When they were asked why they decided to start a baking club, they cheerfully replied, “We both love to bake and love to try all kinds of desserts. We thought it would be fun to have a club where people could come together and try a bunch of different desserts!”

Bake Club has quickly gained popularity, with around 40 students attending each meeting! The next meeting will be on the first day after break, Tuesday, January 9. The theme will be celebration! So bring any desserts with sprinkles, bright colors, and cheery decorations. For more information on upcoming themes and important dates, follow their Instagram (@phs_bakeclub). 

Parsons and Michalove claim that they love it when new people come and bring their desserts: “We encourage everyone to bring their friends, and it can be fun to even bake the desserts you bring with your friends!”