The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Week 1 2024 AP testing schedule from CollegeBoard
AP Testing Begins
Madeleine Gil, Reporter • May 6, 2024
Dua Lipa: Radical Optimism
Dua Lipa: Radical Optimism
Mason Lawrence, Reporter • April 30, 2024
The Clock is Ticking for TikTok
The Clock is Ticking for TikTok
Madeleine Gil, Reporter • April 26, 2024
Seniors put their heads down during class.
A Senior's Guide to Senioritis
Mason Lawrence, Reporter • April 23, 2024
Paschal Senior Prom promotional graphic provided by Paschal Student Council
Where to Shop for Prom '24
Elise Anderson, Reporter • April 9, 2024
Total Eclipse of the Sun
Total Eclipse of the Sun
Tori Sky, Reporter • April 5, 2024

Paschal Continues Multi-decade Triumph in Whiz Quiz Finals

Paschal Whiz Quiz team members Jude White (left), Jonthan Feldman (middle left), Jesse Durham (middle-right), and Spencer Morgenweck (right) smile mid-match. (Slide 65/114 https://www.fwisd.org/domain/1480)

For over two decades, Paschal’s Whiz Quiz has emerged victorious, and this year was no different for team players Jesse Durham, Jonathan Feldman, Elena Gil, Thomas Merton, Spencer Morgenweck, Jude White, and the sponsors Mr. Connally and Mr. Haley. Paschal won against Benbrook during the finals last Thursday, scoring over 500 points, while Benbrook’s team scored 80. 

The challenge of Whiz Quiz is the sheer breadth of knowledge required of its participants. As Fort Worth ISD’s website states, Whiz Quiz is essentially “a competition between FWISD High Schools over random, but specific pieces of information regarding a variety of topics.” This means that members must familiarize themselves with various information, from something small and trivial like “Which nail grows fastest” to obscure bits of knowledge, like “Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1919 for his crucial role in the establishment of the League of Nations.” 

According to co-sponsor Mr. Connally, the team is looking into national competitions but needs to fundraise to cover the costs. 

Anyone who feels up for the challenge should put their skills to the test and contact Mr. Connally at [email protected] or Mr. Haley at [email protected] for more information on signing up for this excellent team of winners. The regular season is over, but try-outs and preparation meetings will begin again next Fall.