The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Week 1 2024 AP testing schedule from CollegeBoard
AP Testing Begins
Madeleine Gil, Reporter • May 6, 2024
Dua Lipa: Radical Optimism
Dua Lipa: Radical Optimism
Mason Lawrence, Reporter • April 30, 2024
The Clock is Ticking for TikTok
The Clock is Ticking for TikTok
Madeleine Gil, Reporter • April 26, 2024
Seniors put their heads down during class.
A Senior's Guide to Senioritis
Mason Lawrence, Reporter • April 23, 2024
Paschal Senior Prom promotional graphic provided by Paschal Student Council
Where to Shop for Prom '24
Elise Anderson, Reporter • April 9, 2024
Total Eclipse of the Sun
Total Eclipse of the Sun
Tori Sky, Reporter • April 5, 2024

Man About Town: World’s Biggest Bounce House?

Mason Lawrence takes us about town once again, this time exploring what claims to be the worlds biggest bounce house.
Mason Lawrence

A couple of months ago, my friends and I spontaneously took a trip to Altitude Trampoline Park. I think I speak for all of us when I say we had a blast playing dodgeball with seven-year-olds, and maybe we got a bit too aggressive… anyways! Altitude has many different activities, from basketball and sparring to just plain old trampoline jumping. We enjoyed it so much that I believe we became connoisseurs of the art form of trampoline parks. 

Altitude is an excellent idea for your next family outing. I suggest this place for any parents reading or my peers who have younger siblings that they want/have to entertain for a while. It is fun for all ages and is a great way to burn some of the children’s unbeatable energy. Don’t just sit and watch; go and jump for yourself. There is something freeing and nostalgic about bouncing up and down on a trampoline. It can be therapeutic, plus it is a great workout!

So after that outing, we wanted more. That is when the FUNBOX was brought to my attention. Up in Grapevine Mills, FUNBOX is the “world’s largest bounce house,” or so they say… I write these Man About Town Articles to shed light on things happening around the DFW area, and the world’s largest bounce house seemed like a suitable topic. I alerted my friends, and we planned a day to go. We each paid $17 for an hour pass. The proper socks cost an extra $4 (But you can bring your own socks). Then, we got in my car and drove to Grapevine Mills. 

We looked at the bounce house excitedly and impatiently when we arrived, waiting to get inside. It towered over us and took up a big part of the parking lot. However, my first thought was: “There has to be a bigger bounce house somewhere in the world.” Earlier in 2023, The Guinness World Record certified the biggest bounce house in the world as “Big Bounce America.” This bounce house travels around the US (It actually touched down in Dallas earlier this year for a three-week residency). Big Bounce America stands at 32 feet tall and covers an approximate area of 25,000 square feet. Weirdly, FUNBOX’s website also says they cover 25,000 square feet, so who is right and who is wrong? This calls into question the rules of truthful advertising, but in all honesty, who cares? The FUNBOX was still gigantic, like nothing I had ever seen. 

After walking in, we put our stuff in a small cubby beside several other bouncers’ belongings. The lack of security in putting your things out in the open like that raised a few red flags for me. I suggest that you either bring a fanny pack or leave anything important in your car to ensure less of a risk. After we put our stuff away, it was time to start bouncing. 

Ignorant of the questioning and almost judgemental looks the adults at the entrance gave us (mind you, we were a group of five teenagers at a bounce house), we jumped around and had a blast. Now, if you want snacks, they have a snow-cone machine. Unfortunately, that was covered in bees attracted to the flavoring, so we steered clear of that. Water will also cost some extra $$$.

There were several different areas to use, but my favorite was the obstacle course. Racing my friends was the best part, regardless of the parents holding their children tightly as we ran through it like psychos. My least favorite part was the drive to the bounce house. For those of you who have driven to Grapevine Mills, you might understand the complexities of the travel there. On the way home, I somehow ended up at the airport not once but twice. If you ever plan to go, ensure you drive safely and know where you are going. 

To rate this experience, I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. That could be solely because I am 17, and this kind of thing is not necessarily catered to my demographic. It would be a fantastic place to take someone younger, though. But you’re mistaken if you think you might be too old to go. There is no age limit, so go and live your childhood dreams!

https://funbox.com/grapevine