The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Man About Town: 2023 Holiday Gift Guide

In this edition of Man About Town, Mason Lawrence shares his top gift ideas for your loved ones this holiday season.
Mason Lawrence

Here we are once again, Christmas time!!! As we replace our pumpkins with our trees and ornaments, we feel joy, spirit, and excitement. A childlike wonder washes over us as we bundle up in our blankets or admire the twinkling lights around us. Simultaneously, we feel stress.

As the season of giving comes upon us, there is pressure to get the right gift for someone, whether it be for your relative, coworker, or even your dog. Allow me to take some of that stress away by guiding you through some go-to gift ideas this holiday season. Any of the items below are sure to get rid of any Grinches you may know.

For The Girls

Laneige Products ($13-$32)

Laneige

Laneige is a great place to get some stocking stuffers. Every girl I know has the lip products and raves about them. Laneige had flavors such as peach, gummy bear, peppermint, and caramel. As we enter the cold months, it is harder than ever to keep your lips hydrated. Laneige is a good and trendy solution to this problem. No one wants to feel dry, cracked lips under the mistletoe. 😉

Rare Beauty Liquid Blush ($23)

nice skin days

The Rare Beauty liquid blush has been a favorite in the makeup world since its release. Five-star reviews say that it is both pigmented and easy to apply for all skin types. Many makeup users call it their go-to blush. Plus, a little goes a long way so you get more bang for your buck. Brighten things up with this product!

Stanley Cup ($30-$90)

Food Network

One of the most important beauty tips is hydration. If you haven’t been aware of the Stanley Cup craze, I hope you plan to move out from under your rock and join civilization. These water bottles keep your drinks cold for up to 11 hours and hot for up to 7 hours. Drink your hot cocoa in style this year with the water bottle that has become a staple for people of all ages.

Glossier You De Parfum ($68)

The Independent

This year’s pick for perfume is the Glossier fragrance which has become a modern classic for girls everywhere. My friends describe it as “great for everyday usage,” and that it “smells different on everyone.” That is why the name suggests personalization, it is a clean, warm scent that is meant to follow you through the years as you grow. This is a reliable option that is both nuanced, but also trustworthy.

Alo Yoga Matching Set ($28-$348)

Algo Yoga

Alo is the go-to brand for comfy athleisure. Their clothing is made with breathable technology and comes in lots of different colors. Their matching sets are perfect for going hard at the gym, or just chilling out on the couch, and all the things in between. They have several different fabrics from cashmere to cotton so you can find whatever makes you feel best! Give the gift of comfort with a sweatshirt or pair of leggings!!

For The Parents

Homesick Candles ($25-$75)
Homesick is a perfect place to get someone you know a scent that feels personal. They have so many options and are not limited to just candles, but also car fresheners or diffusers. One option is the collection of State candles that are each inspired by all 50 states in the US. The Texas Candle is described as having hints of Pine Needle, Leather, and Moss. Additionally, if one of your loved ones is attending college or planning on it, a great idea would be a scent from Homesicks College Town collection with scents inspired by cities such as Tuscaloosa or Norman. This brand has collaborations ranging from Barbie to Harry Potter and from Disney to the MLB. Check it out!

Barefoot Dreams Throw Blanket ($135-$200)

Sincerely Yours

As Texans, a winter wonderland is never guaranteed. We could have a cool 50Âș day and wake up the next day to a warm 75Âș. Regardless, it is important to stay cozy. This blanket is super high quality. It is breathable so it does not overheat you, but it will also hold in your body heat. My Barefoot Dreams throw is my favorite blanket ever. These are a great gift because they are super soft and reliable when you need to warm up.

UE Wonderboom Waterproof Speaker ($60)

If you like the idea of the record player but are looking for something more portable, I highly recommend this product. This speaker is small enough to hold in one hand, but still packs a quality punch sound-wise. The design makes it ultra durable and waterproof so it is great for all occasions and environments.

Theragun Portable Massager ($129)

WIRED

This is a gift for the athletes. Theragun is the top brand for massagers and this product stands out with its compact and portable size. It is great for recovery after practice or workouts and is sure to leave the gift receiver in better shape. We don’t want anyone to be sore!

Magnetic Knife Block ($129)

Made In

This is a great tool for knife storage. The magnetic knife block is a sleek and modern-looking appliance that makes your knives easily accessible. This is perfect for any cooks in your family or someone who is looking to upgrade their kitchen space.

For The Boys

Spikeball Game Set ($70)

Walmart

For anyone who loves the outdoors and enjoys lawn games, Spikeball is a great choice for a gift. Spikeball is super fun to play and can be taken on the go with its foldable design. Add some fun to your next barbecue or beach trip.

MYSLF Men’s Fragrance ($89-$148)

A new cologne from YSL hit the shelves this year and it’s the perfect gift for the men in your life. Described as a “woody floral”, this cologne doesn’t share the overpoweringly masculine smells of a bottle of Axe but meets in the middle of something both smokey and flowery. A modern and unique twist of a classic smell, this is destined to be a hit under the Christmas tree.

LEGO Flowers ($40-$48)

Walmart

For the irresponsible plant parent. These flowers are a great alternative for someone who wants some flowers or plants in their home but always ends up killing them. Well, my friend, you will have a hard time killing these as they are made of plastic and therefore unkillable. These add an interesting touch to a room and are guaranteed to be a conversation starter. LEGO is always a great store for gifts to someone who has a little architectural side in them.

Victrola Bluetooth Turntable ($50)

Amazon

This product is perfect for any music lovers out there. Not only does it play records, but it also connects to your phone just like a Bluetooth speaker. This 2-in-1 product also folds into a briefcase, making it easier for transportation. This would look great in a boy’s room. To make it extra personal, pair it with some vinyl copies of the recipient’s favorite albums!

Govee LED Lights ($15-$180)

Amazon

Perfect for someone who wants to take a living space to the next level. These are a great gift for teens and also good if your kid is living in a dorm. The brand “Govee” has several types of products such as lamps, lightbulbs, strips and panels. What is great about Govee is that all of the products are Bluetooth devices that are controlled with a smartphone. With the app, you can customize the settings with a color wheel and even use some of their presets such as “Disco” or “Sunrise”. These are certain to elevate the vibe of any room.

Alo Yoga Conquer React Performance Shorts ($68)

Algo Yoga

I have tried out a plethora of brands for shorts. Some of them were fine, some seemed to fit weird. Then, I discovered the Conquer React Performance Short from Alo. This is a product that I would buy again and again, simply because of how comfortable it is. These are the perfect shorts for everyday activities as well as athletics. I give it 5 stars and recommend them without a doubt.