The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Harry Styles Debuts New Hairstyle, or Lack Thereof

Harry Style’s new style is causing commotion in his fandom, and is feeding the fire of his baldness allegations.

Tension has been rising in the Harry Styles fandom since he was spotted with a shaved head last week at a U2 concert with his girlfriend, Taylor Russell. The new style was confirmed in an Instagram post by his brand, Pleasing, giving a clearer picture of Harry’s recently bald head.

Pleasing founder, Harry Styles, toasts the launch of Pleasing Fragrance with friends in London, and debuts his newly bald head. (Lloyd Wakefield)

When asked about her opinion on the haircut, one fan told us “Don’t ******* bring it up” and revealed that she sobbed in her car about it when she found out.

The truth is undeniable: Harry Styles is bald. But why? Did he buzz his head or is he falling victim to male pattern baldness?

The latter may just be the case. Whatever you may think of the buzz cut, that doesn’t change the fact that just because Harry Styles is famous doesn’t make him immune to male pattern baldness.

The hair loss rumors have been rampant in the Harry Styles community for years. There are many pictures where he appears to be sporting a toupee, a type of wig worn to cover a bald spot.

Bald Harry Styles and his girlfriend, Taylor Russell, at the U2 concert. (TMZ)

While some have been vocal about their distaste for the new hairstyle, or lack thereof, others have expressed that they actually find it very attractive.

“I think it’s a new kind of attractive,” says Paschal alumni, Hannah Horton. “I think I need time to mourn the loss of his precious curls, but I’m excited for them to grow back and be super healthy and sexy.” This is, of course, if they grow back. She then added that “he looks like he’s about to enlist.”

Paschal Bald Teacher, Mr Davila, also voiced his opinions on the matter. “He doesn’t have male pattern baldness,” Davila alleged, “so he’s buzzing his head and the problem with that is he’s going to create more baldness for himself. It’s like a science thing. Don’t quote me on that.” Please note that Mr. Davila is an art teacher, not a science teacher. 

“He already had a really great head of hair. I think if you have a really great head of hair you should keep it as long as you can.” 

Mr. Davila is an art teacher at Paschal. In addition to being bald, he sponsors the Lego club and the Photography club. (Penelope Maddox)

Mr. Davila relates to Harry Styles a lot. “I made the decision to go bald,” he told Pantherette staff. “When I buzzed my head and I first walked into school, most people were like oh my god what happened to your head? And then they complimented me on it. And then one kid (who was basically really rude) was like it looks terrible.” Some might say this is quite similar to how the internet is reacting to Harry’s new style.

Some think that Harry Styles’ new hairstyle will decrease the stigma against male pattern baldness. “I made the decision to go bald. But other people are holding on to their hair. Both of my brothers are balding and trying to figure out how to hold onto it longer.” Styles making the decision to go bald might influence men resisting baldness to accept themselves. “It’s honestly freeing.”

What do you think of Harry Styles' new hairstyle?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

2
View Comments (2)
Donate to Pantherette
$910
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Paschal High School - TX. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Penelope Maddox
Penelope Maddox, Editor
Penelope Maddox (12) is a co-editor for the online and printed Paschal Pantherette. This is her second year on staff and she is eager to focus on the behind-the-scenes aspect of running an online paper. She is an avid reader who loves chai lattes, overalls, and linguistics.
Donate to Pantherette
$910
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (2)

The Paschal Pantherette intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, inclusive discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or slander. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Pantherette does not allow anonymous comments, and requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
All Pantherette Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• M

mymomNov 16, 2023 at 12:16 pm

i like his harry styles

Reply
  • U

urmomNov 16, 2023 at 9:57 am

10/10 article. rivetting. amazing. educational.

Reply