The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Howdy week: fun for all Panthers

Terry Buckner
Howdy week dress up days are something students look forward to each year. Jungle Dads is Monday’s theme. Back row from left to right are Ash Harper, Giuliana Rios, Victoria Farkas, and Abby Adams. Front row includes Jewell Rodriquez, Cass Wheatley and Sam Steinert.

Howdy Week is happening NOW!  Here’s all you need to know in a nutshell, from outfit themes to convenient costume shops. 

First, let’s talk themes. Starting next week, from August 21st to August 25th, there will be a specific theme for each day. On Monday, dress as a “Safari Dad.” You can wear binoculars, cargo shorts, or almost anything that screams “dad on a journey in a jungle.” On Tuesday, the theme is “Rockout.” Dress as a rockstar! Or if you want to keep it simple, wear your favorite Guns N’ Roses shirt.

Wednesday is Senior Polyester. Sadly, this is for SENIORS ONLY. If this applies to you, wear any 70s outfit (particularly something polyester and colorful!). It doesn’t stop there for you, seniors, there will be a Senior Skate Party at Rollerland West from 7 to 9. Be there! Thursday is Purple Out. All grade levels can wear purple to show their support of our very own Paschal Panthers. 

The Howdy Pep Rally will take place during the school day, followed by the football game at 7:00. Come out and show your support at Clark! On Friday, the theme is “Wigging Out.” All you need is a wild and wacky wig. We can’t wait to see your crazy outfits!

If you’re planning to dress up, but don’t know where to get anything so last minute, we have just the thing for you: Magic Etc/Ft Worth Costume! This nearby costume shop is just 5 minutes away from Paschal and sits on Forest Park Boulevard. They’re open all year and they carry all things spirit, from 70s outfits to wigs. All costumes are decently priced and rentals are also available upon request. Magic Etc. is open everyday of the week, so no excuses for not having a costume! Along with having such a wide selection of costumes, the staff is known to be very helpful. Go check it out!

Now, let’s talk about the Howdy Dance itself. It’s on Saturday, August 26th. It’ll be in the Paschal cafeteria from 8 to 11. The theme is “Welcome to the Jungle!” You can wear camo, animal prints, or any safari-type costumes. It’s $10 at the door; CASH ONLY! You MUST bring your ID to enter. 

Along with a new theme, there will also be a new DJ this year. Speaking of music, the Student Council will be accepting song requests via Instagram (@paschalstuco). The songs must be clean and school appropriate. There will be a designated playlist, along with your song requests! A couple things to keep in mind: no outside food/drinks, no smoking/vaping/drinking, outfits must be school appropriate, and most importantly, have fun! Water will be available, but there will not be any other refreshments. 

Lastly, a couple words from the new head of Student Council, Ms. Hockstad. When asked how it feels to be the new “boss,” she replied, “I’m excited because I feel like we can make it even stronger and grow the program. It’s really cool to see all the students coming up with ideas and working together to make their visions become reality.” When you see her in the halls, be sure to congratulate her! We hope to see you all at the dance!