The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Meet Paschal’s 2024 Val and Sal

Maya Perez
Salutatorian Canon Hamilton (left) standing next to Valedictorian Jonathan Feldman (right).

Our 2023-2024 Paschal Valedictorian is Jonathan Feldman and our Salutatorian is Canon Hamilton. Jonathan has a core GPA of 5.0 and an unweighted GPA of 4.0. Canon has a core GPA 4.95 and an unweighted GPA of 4.0. 

Both students were called into the counselor suite on Monday and were informed of their standings by Ms. Smith. At graduation, Canon will give the first commencement speech and Jonathan will follow. They were instructed to keep their speeches within 3 to 5 minutes. According to the students, their speeches must be submitted Wednesday, giving them only two days to prepare a draft. 

The announcement came after a tight race to the top with Karoline Litke and Hailey Hartung tying for third within a fraction of a point behind the Salutatorian. 

Jonathan Feldman pushed the boundaries of a traditional high school experience and is graduating a year early. He was taking high school classes during middle school enabling him to achieve a perfect 5.0 core GPA. He has served as captain of the Whiz Quiz team, President of the Science club, and has competed in many science and math UIL competitions. Jonathan is heading to Georgia Tech in the fall on a merit-based full ride to study computer science.

Canon Hamilton has been involved in numerous extracurriculars while maintaining incredible grades throughout his time at Paschal. Canon currently serves as president of Key Club, vice president of Science Club. Canon has also competed on the Varsity Track and Cross Country team along with formerly playing on the Boys Varsity Soccer team. He is also a member of Varsity Choir as a Bass Section Leader. Canon is headed to the US Naval Academy in the fall.