The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

AP Testing Begins

Week 1 2024 AP testing schedule from CollegeBoard

Today marks the start of the season where students can be seen carrying textbooks around the halls, watching videos during class, and frantically reviewing notes at lunch, trying to prepare for their AP tests. 

AP testing season is a very exciting and stressful time for Paschal students. All students in AP classes should have gotten an email from Mrs. Reimann with the AP testing schedule so they can see when and where they’ll be testing, and testing times are also on AP classroom. Students taking morning AP tests should arrive at their testing location by 7:30, as doors will lock at 7:45. Students taking afternoon tests should arrive by 11:30, as the doors will lock by 11:45. 

If you haven’t started studying yet, don’t panic! There is still time for some last minute studying this weekend, and there are many great resources available to help students prepare! 

The AP videos on AP classroom can be a useful study tool because they cover almost every part of the curriculum, as well as important skills that can help you pass the test. Every April, College Board releases new AP Daily: Practice Session videos taught by AP teachers that review how to approach multiple choice and free response questions, and discuss test taking strategies. These videos can be found both in AP classroom and on Youtube. 

Ms. Hockstad, who teaches AP US history, also has a few recommendations for last minute studying. “I would suggest making flashcards with terms and studying them,” she says. She also recommends watching videos over topics you don’t understand as well. “I like Heimler’s history for history AP classes,” she says, “but there are good ones for all AP classes.” She says it is also very important to review your notes from all year. 

Mr. Tran, who teaches AP Biology, recommends looking at websites made by AP teachers. “For AP Biology specifically, I would suggest looking at AP Bio Penguins, which has a lot of great review and practice material.” 

AP testing can be stressful, but remember that you have been preparing for it all year, and you will do your best!