The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

Week 1 2024 AP testing schedule from CollegeBoard
AP Testing Begins
Madeleine Gil, Reporter • May 6, 2024
Dua Lipa: Radical Optimism
Dua Lipa: Radical Optimism
Mason Lawrence, Reporter • April 30, 2024
The Clock is Ticking for TikTok
The Clock is Ticking for TikTok
Madeleine Gil, Reporter • April 26, 2024
Seniors put their heads down during class.
A Senior's Guide to Senioritis
Mason Lawrence, Reporter • April 23, 2024
Paschal Senior Prom promotional graphic provided by Paschal Student Council
Where to Shop for Prom '24
Elise Anderson, Reporter • April 9, 2024
Total Eclipse of the Sun
Total Eclipse of the Sun
Tori Sky, Reporter • April 5, 2024

All Views Lead at Paschal JSA

Junior State of America is a political discussion club that meets Wednesdays after school in room 285.
Sheridan Brockelman
Paschal JSA students pictured at Fall State 2022 ([email protected])
National Junior State of America logo (X/@jrstateamerica)

Attention all politically-conscious students: Paschal’s Junior State of America chapter has started up again. Mr. Haley is the new sponsor of Paschal’s chapter, and meetings are held in his room (285) after school on Wednesdays. 

Junior State of America is the largest student-led organization in the nation and serves as an outlet for civic-focused discussion for students across the political spectrum. Paschal is one of three hundred chapters in the country and holds weekly meetings to discuss current events. If the typical news headlines about national debt and elections don’t particularly entice you, don’t worry; meeting topics aren’t strictly political. JSA meetings will feature pop culture stories, environmental issues, and contentious identity politics. Additionally, students can request topics for us to cover in class by completing this form the Monday before the meeting. 

Paschal JSA members smile after winning Quiz Bowl at Fall State last year. (Maya Perez)

Members seeking greater involvement in the organization can participate in Texas JSA’s triannual conventions and apply for state cabinet positions. Involvement with state JSA is a great way to enhance your resume and connect with ambitious students across Texas.

Paschal’s chapter membership is disproportionately junior and seniors, and is looking to recruit underclassmen. So, if you are looking to join a new club, consider attending JSA’s next meeting. 

Join JSA’s Remind: @phsjsa

Follow Paschal JSA’s Instagram: @panthersjsa

Follow Texas JSA’s Instagram: @texas.jsa