The Student News Site of Paschal High School

Pantherette

Pantherette

Pantherette

How to Vote in College

As Paschal’s graduating class enters this new phase of college life, it is crucial to stay informed on voting procedures so your campus’ distance from home doesn’t prevent your voice in the upcoming elections from being heard. 

To be eligible to vote early by mail in Texas, you must:

• be 65 years or older;
  • be sick or disabled;
  • be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; or
  • be expected to give birth within three weeks before or after Election Day; or
  • be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.

Instructions for submitting an Application for Ballot by Mail (“ABBM”):

• Print (PDF) the ABBM form OR submit an order online and an ABBM will be mailed to you.
  • Complete Sections 1 through 4.
  • Sign and Date Section 5.
  • If you were unable to sign the application and someone witnessed your signature, that person must complete Section 6.
  • If someone helped you complete the application or mailed the application for you, that person must complete Section 6.
  • Affix postage.

*According to the most recent instructions issued by the Texas Secretary of State

Send your application for a ballot by mail as early as 60 days before an election. This will give you plenty of time to receive your ballot, mark it, and mail it back to the Early Voting Clerk. If you live in Tarrant County, mail your ballot to 2700 Premier Street, Fort Worth, TX 76111. Important 2024-2025 election dates can be accessed here. All applications to vote by mail must be received by the early voting clerk not later than the 11th day before election day by the close of regular business or 12 noon, whichever is later. Applications to vote by mail must be submitted in person or by mail, email, common or contract carrier, or fax (if a fax machine is available in the office of the early voting clerk).