Prom Dreams

Prom Dreams

University Christian Church, located right on the TCU campus started a ministry called Prom Dreams in 2011. Prom Dreams provides free prom dress shopping to all high school students in Tarrant County. The shop currently has over 1,000 dresses available, with 600 available on the floor. Prom Dreams also has jewelry, makeup, shoes, and purse available. The shop is open from April 7th – to May 7th. During this time, the shop is open from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on Thursdays and 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM on Sundays. You can also call and make an appointment if these times do not work. This is a no-cost shopping trip available to all high schoolers in Tarrant County. 

As the search for Prom Dreams has begun, high school girls are eager to find the perfect dress. Key factors to consider when searching for a prom dress are color, sizing, fit, and among many other things, affordability. If you are looking for a unique and affordable prom dress shopping experience, this is the place for you. 

The perfect dress is a dream come true, but it can also be a financial nightmare. The dress, shoes, bag, and makeup can soar in price…sometimes well over $500. Then there is the question of the environment…do you really need to put another dress into the universe when dresses are available that were worn one night! 

If interested, Prom Dreams accepts donations of short and long dresses, jewelry, purses, and heels. Along with clothing donations, they also accept monetary donations. You can drop off donations anytime Sunday through Thursday at the front desk of the church. There are many volunteer opportunities to help this ministry including, helping girls shop and setting up the shop itself.